Italian fashion, Italian food, Italian cars…la dolce vita it is!
Car week is an amazing time on the beautiful Monterey Peninsula.
According to Concorso Italiano’s mission “Concorso Italiano’s unique format features vehicles of Italian origin, and its atmosphere is one of festive, relaxed enjoyment. The emphasis is on the display vehicles and elements of Italian style such as fashion, food, music and travel — all on the beautiful grounds of Black Horse Golf Course, in Monterey Bay, California. It is sure to be a day filled with excitement, focusing on Italian culture and achievements of personalities who possess that special essence known as ‘Italian Style.’
We want to celebrate with Huckleberry Hill Readers. In this feature we will focus on amazing Italian inspired festivities from the ‘Concorso Italiano’ event held at Black Horse Golf Course during Monterey Bay Car Week. Thank you to ‘Lena Max Photography’ for capturing these amazing images! www.lenamaxwedding.com
Loved the day! Everyone was head over heals for the ‘LOVE LIMONCELLO BOUTIQUE.’ Our Italian Influenced Limoncello products were a hit. Children and families enjoyed the Molly and Fern products from The Wild Buck! We focused on our tag line. ‘Italian Influenced…California Living” with autographed books, recipes and fabulous limoncello almonds and huckleberry confections from iconic Carousel Candies (Monterey Fishermen’s Wharf.)
We also heard from Sicilian friends about the importance of using authentic olive oil, so many health benefits to this Mediterranean staple. Sicilian pride is featured with Trapani salts, authentic vinegar, handmade pasta and Sicilian inspired sauce. Delicioso… via ‘Papa Vince‘ gourmet products!
To celebrate all things Italian, we have a little ‘twist’ via an “Italian love” doggie treat… for your bella doggie!
Enjoy making this Italian biscotti for your favorite pooch.
Blessings to all. Follow your dreams, even if it takes you all the way to the west coast of California. Huckleberry Hugs, Maxine (Molly)
-JOIN OUR FAMIGLIA-
Free Subscription, enter your email address at the subscribe now section of this site. Don’t miss out on Italian Influenced…California living recipes, tips, fun and ideas. Ciao!
Biscotti with a twist…this is a cookie for your Furry Friends!
This taken doggie treats is based on Martha Stewart’s recipe. I like to add pumpkin, so that is my variation. We use it often at Huckleberry Hill…and find it simple and fun.
Show your four-legged friend some love with these tasty homemade dog treats via Martha Stewart’s recipe. Snowball loves these!
(Makes about 5 dozen medium sized.)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup wheat germ
1/4 cup brewer’s yeast
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
1/2 cup low-sodium canned chicken stock, plus more for brushing
****(I also add a heaping tablespoon of organic pumpkin puree, Snowball LOVES pumpkin)- Maxine’s tip!
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, wheat germ, yeast, and salt; set aside
2. Place oil in a large bowl. Add stock and flour mixture in three alternating batches, beginning and ending with stock. (I mix-in one heaping tablespoon of pumpkin puree) Mix well.
3. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out dough to about 3/8-inch thick. Shape biscuits using a dog-bone-shaped cookie cutter or by cutting around a store-bought dog bone with a butter knife. (Make biscuits that are appropriate for your dog’s size.)
4. If desired, you can spell out your dog’s name or a holiday message in the dough with a toothpick (wet the toothpick first so it won’t stick).
5. Transfer to parchment-lined baking sheets. Repeat with remaining dough.
6. Bake biscuits 10 minutes. Brush with stock; rotate baking sheets, and bake 10 minutes more. Turn off oven, leaving door closed. Let dog biscuits stand in oven to dry completely, about 1 1/2 hours.
Wrap as a gift, or store in an airtight container at room temperature.
-JOIN OUR FAMIGLIA-
Free Subscription, enter your email address at the subscribe now section of this site. Don’t miss out on Italian Influenced…California living recipes, tips and ideas. Ciao!
IMAGE COLLECTION COURTESY OF LENA MAX PHOTOGRAPHY:
Lena Max Photography is owned by the talented Marlena Montaney. She is well recognized for being able to record the unique beauty of any event. Her eye for details and design was developed at the Academy of Art University, San Francisco, California. The Lena Max Photography motto says it all…”What makes us different? Well, it’s you.”