The 10th anniversary of The Quail Motorcycle Gathering is a special event on the beautiful Monterey Peninsula. Inspired by acclaimed Chef Bobby Flay, and that this weekend is Cinco de Mayo we are making a ‘Quail Quencher’ cocktail. Throwing a last minute gathering? Want to sit out on your porch, or around a beach bonfire and sip a refreshing punch? We’ve got you covered! This delicious tequila-spiked creation features the current seasonal abundance of seedless watermelon. Bobby Flay has an amazing technique! So simple. Puree watermelon chunks in your blender, strain the juice, mix with silver tequila, sugar syrup, local blueberries…add fresh mint and lime juice. Enjoy!
Happy 10th anniversary to the ‘Quail Motorcycle Gathering’.
Did you know that in ‘real life’ the grown up version of my book character Fern (based on my only sister Fran) had a Harley Davidson themed wedding? My brother in law David and Fran LOVE their ride.
Feel free to share your bike photos, I will make sure to pass them along to Fern! I can be reached at email@example.com. Huckleberry Hugs, XOXO Maxine (A.K.A. “Molly”)
(Recipe credit: Chef Bobby Flay)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 8 cups diced seedless watermelon (1 pound)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 3/4 cups blueberries
- 3/4 cup lightly packed fresh mint leaves, plus 8 sprigs for garnish
- 1 1/4 cups silver tequila- *Virgin option (this mix makes a delicious fruit juice, add seltzer water or ginger ale for a non-alcohol version!)
- Step 1
- In a small saucepan, bring the water to a simmer with the sugar and stir over moderate heat until the sugar is dissolved, about 1 minute; let the sugar syrup cool.
- Step 2
- In a blender, puree the watermelon until smooth. Set a fine-mesh strainer over a bowl and strain the watermelon juice, pressing gently on the solids to extract as much juice as possible. Discard the pulp.
- Step 3
- In a large pitcher, combine the sugar syrup with the lime juice, blueberries and mint leaves. Using a wooden spoon, lightly muddle the blueberries and mint. Add the watermelon juice and tequila. Refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours.
- Step 4
- Pour the cocktail into tall ice-filled glasses. Garnish with the mint sprigs and serve.
-The Quail Motorcycle Gathering-
Join us at The Quail Motorcycle Gathering, Saturday May 5, 2018.
With more than 350 motorcycles on display and 2,500 guests in attendance, The Quail Motorcycle Gathering, presented by GEICO Motorcycle, features one of the world’s finest and rarest collections of vintage and modern motorcycles. Sponsored by leading motorcycle manufacturers and top lifestyle, retail, and beverage companies, The Quail Motorcycle Gathering is hosted on the stunning green grasses of Quail Lodge & Golf Club in Carmel, California. The event features special guest, Curtis Duffy – renowned celebrity chef and avid motorcycle enthusiast, a gourmet lunch, offerings from local wineries and breweries, a live performance on the KPIG Radio stage by J.J. Hawg, a dedicated kids’ area provided by the Monterey Youth Museum, and access to leading motorcycle manufacturers, lifestyle vendors, and more!
Pebble Beach publisher, blogger and author Maxine Carlson is thrilled to visit this event on May 5th at the Quail Lodge and Golf Club in Carmel Valley, CA.
The Monterey Peninsula hosts events that spoil car lovers throughout the year. The 10th annual Quail Motorcycle Gathering is a must-visit for bike lovers. In three months, before our area turns in to car county, USA our area hosts the world’s rarest, fastest and most beautiful motorcycles as they roll onto the Quail Lodge’s gorgeous manicured grounds.
Peninsula Signature Events is organized by The Peninsula Hotels, dedicated to creating world-class bespoke events at its properties in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Tokyo, Beijing, New York, Chicago, Bangkok, Manila and Paris. The Quail Lodge and Golf Club is home to the following events: The Quail, A Motorcycle Gathering, The Quail Rally, The Quail Motorcycle Gathering and The Quail Ride.
Tickets and Information available at Peninsula Signature Events.